Melton Borough Council Community Grants Fund
Melton Borough Council has been awarded £135,000 through the Rural England Prosperity Fund and the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
There is no minimum grant amount for this scheme.
The maximum grant available for each project is £20,000. In exceptional circumstances, a higher grant award may be considered, at the discretion of the grant approval panel.
Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for a grant through this scheme applicants must be charities, community interest companies, social enterprises, local authorities, parish councils and constituted community and voluntary groups.
Applications from private sector companies will also be considered, where the project can demonstrate a considerable community benefit.
The organisation or project must carry out community focussed activities which benefit the Melton Borough.
The Council is focussing on the following priorities through this grant fund:
- Capital grant funding for creation and improvements to local rural green spaces
- Capital grant funding for impactful volunteering and social action projects to develop social and human capital in local places
Applications will be required to demonstrate how they can achieve one or more of the outputs shown below:
- Improved perception of facility or infrastructure project,
- Improved perception of facilities or amenities,
- Improved perceived or experienced accessibility,
- Increased footfall,
- Increased visitor numbers,
- Improved engagement numbers,
- Improved perception of local facilities or amenities,
- Increase in volunteering numbers as a result of support.
If you are unsure if your project will be eligible or wish to discuss anything in relation to this funding, please contact email@example.com
The application period will run from Monday 9 October 2023 until 11:59 pm on Monday 6 November 2023.
For more information and to apply: Community Grants
Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund
The Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund supports deserving community sports projects close to Samworth Brothers' locations. The Fund was launched in October 2013 and has made over 160 financial awards and commitments to date, totalling over £1.9 million.
Who is eligible?
The Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund has two grant funds;
- a fund to provide small grants of around £1,000 for projects nominated by Samworth Brothers employees.
- a larger grants fund is also available which supports larger projects each year. Multi-year projects of up to three years are also considered. These do not require a Samworth Brothers employee nomination.
Projects are required to fit with the Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund overall criteria. All applications to the Fund need to fulfil the geographic criteria and also demonstrate their relevance a number of the other criteria.
Find out more here.
Active Together Funding Finder allows you to see what Funding opportunities are open for Community Groups, Sports Clubs & Charities.