SOS COVID-19 Fund
Leicestershire & Rutland Sport have launched the Sports Organisation Support COVID-19 Fund.
The fund aims to support sports clubs, organisations and businesses that are in need of an immediate cash injection due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
Please share with those who you feel have helped deliver or enable physical activity and sporting opportunities within the Leicestershire and Rutland area and are in the most need of this essential funding.
Please follow https://www.lrsport.org/sosfund for further guidance and additional information.
Sport England Community Emergency Fund
Sport England have confirmed that it is making funding available to help the community sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
One of the packages that is relevant is below, this is in additional to any funding support provided by the Government;
Community Emergency Fund
- A £20 million Community Emergency Fund, which will be opened immediately for local clubs and community organisations to bid into.
- This fund is specifically targeted at clubs and organisations, including those not currently supported by Sport England, who have a role in supporting the nation to be active but who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the impact of COVID-19. Organisations can apply for grants between £300 and £10,000.
- The types of organisations eligible include local sports clubs forced to close at short notice but who are facing ongoing costs around maintenance and utility bills and voluntary and community sector organisations who deliver or enable sport and physical activity. A specific example might be a grant to support a local boxing club pay costs for their facility when no activity is taking place or a grant to support a league who have paid for equipment to run a competition which has now been cancelled.
To apply, or for further information on criteria and eligibility please check out the Sport England - Community Emergency Fund
Severn Trent Community Fund
Are you part of a community group or charity that is looking for some financial support for a project? Then our Community Fund could be perfect for you.
Our customers, and the communities we live and work in, are at the heart
of everything we do. And that's why, from 2020, we're giving away more than £10m over the next 5 years to help local projects, charities and groups in our region improve
• People: Projects that help people to lead a healthier life and gain new skills
• Places: Projects that help to create better places to live in and use
• Environment: Projects that will help look after our natural environment, give people greater access to that environment or help look after water
So why not check out the details and see if we can help make a difference.
Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund
The Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund supports deserving community sports projects close to Samworth Brothers' locations. The Fund was launched in October 2013 and has made over 160 financial awards and commitments to date, totalling over £1.9 million.
Who is eligible?
The Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund has two grant funds;
- a fund to provide small grants of around £1,000 for projects nominated by Samworth Brothers employees.
- a larger grants fund is also available which supports larger projects each year. Multi-year projects of up to three years are also considered. These do not require a Samworth Brothers employee nomination.
Projects are required to fit with the Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund overall criteria. All applications to the Fund need to fulfil the geographic criteria and also demonstrate their relevance a number of the other criteria.
Find out more here.