Many of us spend more than 60% of our waking hours at work, often sat at our desks for hours on end. This stationary behaviour is having a detrimental effect on our health, with physical inactivity accounting for 1 in 4 deaths globally.
Research has shown that physical activity can boost morale, communication, lift team spirit, increase productivity and reduce the number of sickness absence days taken. Take a look at our Flexible Lunch Break manifesto to learn more about how adding physical activity into and around the workplace can benefit your business.
How to get involved
- Sign up to Workplace Challenge and start your journey to learning something new this September.
- Discover a wide range of sport and physical activities using our A-Z of sport there are tips on what the activity is all about and how to get involved. Check out our partner offers too.
- Get active. Take a look in our Events and Competitions tabs to discover great opportunities to get active in your local area including Rio inspired sports days and Business Games Events.
- Log your activity to earn activity points and see where you sit in our individual and workplace leaderboards. Could you be one of our Workplace Challenge winners and be a prize winner?
- Make it social, it's always more fun to exercise with others (and you are less likely to give up with the added pressure of making a commitment to do an activity). Invite your colleagues to sign up by referring them through your dashboard.